Skip to main content

Nutritional Facts

 I wonder sometimes why other then for informational purposes do food companies post the serving size of a said product? And a follow up, does anyone actually only eat 28 goldfish? It's hard enough once the bag is open to try and close it and save it for another day. Instead can we just say, half the bag is 400 calories rather than concentrating on the amount you have to eat to stay under that amount. It is funny how movies and food go hand in hand in that way. In many ways they can be restrictive to audiences with ratings for children or adults. They can also restrict our access to go to the bathroom if you can't press the pause button or in the content being not what they portrayed in their catalyst trailer. I can't rate movies in the way they have been rated in the past, Rotten Tomatoes, stars or flixster.  I can only devise a way for myself, my own rules for watching movies just as there are rules and regulations for food. I'm building my own recipe so to speak. 

First off let me just say I watch a lot of movies, if you haven't figured that out yet. I watch them all the time and I do have favorites and one hit wonders. I also rewatch things I can't get enough of or use as back ground music for when I'm crafting or painting or doing things that don't need my eyes glued to a screen for 2.5 hrs. I don't you should be rating the same movie the same and for that reason I don't watch the oscars anymore. I used to be so excited about the oscars because it was a chance for my family to stay up late admiring fancy clothes. Same reason we watched olympic figure skating. In figure skating the judges rate a lot of different things and you can get disqualified for certain outfit choices. At the oscars winning votes are tallied and the movie just wins. I mean who ever has the most, it's basically picking your prom king and queen and their adoring subjects. Anyways I think I'm going to go bout this another way. As part of this experiment I will be using emojis, words, numbers and symbols. I will make my own voting system for the movies I review or write about. Each will be different and some will overlap. It's a good experiment as maybe in the end I'll have a better understanding of the film and what its real rating should be. Rather than what facts may portray. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diggers (2006) The process of finding something you were never looking for to begin with.

 A few months ago I watched the movie Diggers. Afterward it stuck in my mind like a song that would not leave. Spoilers here so don't read on if you like being spoiled.  Do you have the feeling that an outfit of choice just doesn't work. Like you picked everything out and it looked good in the mirror, but as soon as you left the house you feel lop-sided. The shoes are the wrong color or your sweater is too bulky, something is amiss but you can't quite put your finger on it. You go about your day wondering, but you never know. Diggers is like that. Well that went straight to the point. No, really I didn't mean to to do that, but heres a more in depth perception of the mismatched outfit Diggers portrays.  The movie starts off in a little town in Long Island. Small fisherman go out and dig for clams in 1976. Paul Rudd plays one of the main characters who seems aimless in his life, as he has no connection to his father and his sisters. He likes taking photographs, but doesn

The Hunt for Red October, November and December

 Is it just me or are films duller than they used to be?  I'm of course not saying all films, oh no; but certainly most. It has been a very long time since I've seen a film that had me gripping the edge of my seat; and I'm not talking horror because most horror films make me actually leave my seat, never to return. For the first time, I recently watched The Hunt for Red October (1990) which I had never seen before nor watched the trailer for. I was astounded by the stellar cast which was all male. It didn't bother me though because all that testosterone pumping didn't diminish the film by a long shot. In fact, I'm glad the cast was all male, there weren't any funny jokes directed toward women and it didn't matter there was no love story. I find in many films with a heavily male cast; can be downgraded by adding in parts or characters that have no business being there. I know we are living in a society now where movies, films, and stories are more inclusi

Knives in, glass out

 Not all movies should be series, and some series should just be one movie. Whether it be the story, the director, or the budget, there's always a difference between the first, last, and middle, and inevitably that's where the train gets derailed.  When Knives out was first displayed on my Prime video screen in 2019, I was startled by the wonderful cast, including Christopher Plummer and some other favorites. This was Plummer's last film before he died and apt too, spoiler ahead...He dies in this film, but with such panache, it's easy to remember why he was one of the greats. the subtleties of Knives Out were its an ode to unusual murder mysteries such as Clue. Although I would say Clue is not as subtle as Knives out in comedy. The film was directed by Rian Johnson who also directed its sequel or series next chapter, Glass onion. In this instance, Knives out is better, even though Johnson directs both and includes a stellar cast. There is something missing in the second